St. Matthias Lutheran Church
Rev. Sharon Dorr, Interim
2751 Sunset Point Road Clearwater, Florida 33759 727-796-2200
St. Matthias supports a number of local and global outreach ministries. There is plenty of
opportunity to get involved either through financial support or lending a hand through volunteer hours.
Many of our outreach efforts are suplemented through Thrivent Financial for Lutherans.
We proudly share our church property with the dePaul School for Dyslexia and a Ukranian church.
One of St. Matthias Lutheran Church's community outreach ministries is to support youth ice hockey through
the Tony Rolon Hockey Scholarship Fund.
Some of the local groups we support are:
- Church & Community Outreach (Safety Harbor Food Pantry) - including year round food drives,
helping to sort food in the annual postal workers food drive in May & assembling Thanksgiving baskets in November.
- Men's & Women's halfway houses in Pinellas county, Boys home in Clearwater and Haven Families - The womens groups of St. Matthias support an "angel" tree every year that benefits these groups.
- Clothes to Kids
- Meals on Wheels
- All Children's Hospital in Tampa
- North Pinellas Habitat for Humanity
Some of the national & global ministries we support are:
- Lutheran World Relief - The womens groups of St. Matthias make quilts, book bags, and health kits for distribution by LWR. Typically these are distributed in disaster areas and/or third-world countries.
- ELCA World Hunger
- Lutheran Outdoor Ministries of Florida
- ELCA Military Chaplaincy Program
- Lutheran Braille Workers
Our youth and adults participate in these national events:
- Join Hands Day
- Super Bowl of Caring
Tony Rolon Hockey Scholarship Fund, a ministry of St. Matthias Lutheran Church
Youth & Family
St. Matthias Luthern Church is a member of the Florida Bahamas Synod of the
Evangelical Lutheran Church in America.
Supporting the Florida Bahamas Synodical Women's Organization and the
Women of the ECLA
Copyright 2009-2016 St. Matthias Lutheran Church, All Rights Reserved.